|Many families are looking to hit the open road for their vacation this year|
If your family is going on a road trip this summer, here are a few tips to keep you safe and happy on the road.
|1. Clean your car before you go. |
It is always best to have a squeaky clean car to start your trip. Make sure to vacuum and clean your car out before you leave.
2. Check your vehicle’s oil and fluids.
It may be time to change your oil, so make sure to check oil levels and washer fluid levels before you hit the road.
3. Print your insurance card.
Make sure your insurance card is current, and that it is easily accessible.
4. Double check your license and registration to make sure nothing has expired.
You will also want to take a look at your driver’s license and car registration to make sure everything is up to date.
5. Make sure to save roadside assistance numbers in your phone, in case you have any trouble with your car.
Many times, your auto insurance provider offers roadside assistance. Check with your provider for details on this coverage.
6. Plan your apps in advance (iExit, Starbucks,Gasbuddy).
If you need an afternoon pick-me-up, you will want to know where you can get a cup of coffee or tea. Be sure to download iExit, Starbucks or similar apps to plan your upcoming stops.
7. Plan your music, podcasts and audiobooks in advance.
Make sure to download your music, podcasts and audiobooks before you depart. Wifi and cell signals can be hard to count on, so plan ahead.
8. Research your directions, and make sure to take the scenic route.
After you determine your route, check to see if it is the scenic route.
9. Get plenty of sleep the night before your trip.
Stay safe and alert by getting a good night’s sleep before your drive.
10. Pack Snacks!
To avoid getting hangry 😜 on the trip, you will want to have some snacks on hand for all the passengers.
|Vacations can produce the BEST family memories, so we hope you have a lovely one this year!|